OUR GOAL IS TO CREATE A WORLD-CLASS LEGAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WITHIN AN INNOVATIVE NEW LAW CENTER BUILDING.
The future has never been brighter for the University of Houston Law Center (UHLC). Through the support of our alumni community, we have achieved our Phase 1 goal of raising $10 million for a new facility. While this milestone propels us in our journey, we still have more on the horizon to fully accomplish our vision.
Phase 2 of our “More Than Bricks” Campaign has begun with a legislative appropriations request for $60 million proposed by President Khator as the top facility funding request for the 2019 session. Finally, an additional $20 million in philanthropic support will close the gap to complete the $90 million LEED certified, high-tech educational institution.
This capital improvement will serve as the catalyst for the UHLC to move into the upper echelon of law schools in the nation and will allow us to remain competitive in our academic programs and student recruitment initiatives, increasing our global reach and diversification.
- Phase 1 - $10 Million
- Phase 2 - $60 Million
- Phase 3 - $20 Million
A new, world-class Law Center will…
- have space for live judicial proceedings, potentially housing dockets for local and regional courts. This will not only enhance student learning but will increase the judiciary’s perception of our program.
- help us remain competitive in recruiting the best, most diverse candidates to our school.
- include technology upgrades will expand our reach into the international and distance learning sector, capitalizing on our highly ranked part-time program and large LLM program.
- provide modern research space, new clinical facilities, a new library, practice courtrooms and career services space.
- maintain a forum for exclusive events on campus inviting peers from other institutions, including prominent judges, lawyers and practitioners.
The mission of the UHLC is to educate compassionate, dedicated law professionals. A new building will embody this by providing facilities and resources that will inspire students to gather, interact and excel.
U.S. News & World Report Ranked UHLC Top 10 for Intellectual Property, Health Law and its Part-time Program
Recognized as “Most Diverse” Law School by preLaw and The National Jurist magazines
The UHLC’s Houston Law Review is ranked near the top of more than 1,600 law journals
2017 LL.M. Guide: Top 10 In the World LL.M. Programs for Energy Law and Health Law
Ranked 4th highest in the nation for average salary relative to average student debt by graduation by Social Finance Inc.
UHLC is a dynamic, top-tier law school located in the nation’s soon-to-be third largest city. In fact, Forbes magazine has dubbed Houston “America’s next great global city.” UHLC is a powerful hub of intellectual activity with more than 11 centers and institutes which fuel its education mission and national reputation. One in four attorneys in the city of Houston graduated from UHLC.
Why the UH Law Center?
UHLC has one of the oldest non-adapted legal education facilities in the nation. We must invest in our facility to ensure that UHLC remains competitive, particularly in our areas of expertise and distinction – Health Law, Intellectual Property, and our Part-time program. The current building is not ADA compliant, which makes it difficult for community members to utilize clinics and other public programs within. Technology upgrades will expand our reach into the international and distance learning sector, capitalizing on our highly ranked part-time program and large LLM program.
For more information, contact:
Senior Director of Advancement